February 23, 2007

Sick week.

I've been sick all week. Sunday, we went to see Bridge To Terabithia, and Monday I woke up with a really annoying head cold. Today I thought I was feeling better, then ended up taking a four hour nap! As a result, I didn't cook hardly at all. My husband left on Tuesday so I didn't even have someone to bring me a sandwich. I subsisted on mostly water, orange juice, bananas, and cereal. I also had a few of Joanna's muffins stashed in the freezer. When things started to run low, I actually tried to find a grocery store in my area that delivered, but no. Not in good ol' Tennessee. We don't recycle, and we don't delivery grocceries. Jerks.



This is what we at Sunday night before the movie, matzoh and latkes. I've never made latkes before, I used Bryanna's recipe. I followed the zucchini variation (but I only had one), and my husband had no idea there were onions in them. Or he's finally sucked it up and stopped caring. The matzoh definitely looks better, but I still think they could be fluffier.

I didn't bother trying to make the latkes low fat so they were fried in oil. One of the things i've learned in dieting is that if you don't give yourself a break every now and then, you'll just go nuts and binge eat. These were my delicious greasy break.



This is the only thing I made while I was sick. I was going to test Joanna's lentil soup recipe, but it requires red wine so I just threw together my own. Lentils, onion, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, quinoa, some spices. I blended half of it because I think soup just tastes and looks better that way. I took this picture, then took a bite and realized the lentils were still not quite done. So I put it back on the stove...and burned it. Sheesh. I still ate it, I just had to make sure to not scrape up the burnt bottom.

As of this morning, I am down to 145. That's about 17 pounds overall, since I was pmsing and bloated when I first got up the nerve to weigh myself. So far the weight is coming off quickly, if I wasn't keeping track of my food on the Weight Watchers website i'd wonder if I was eating enough. I swear I lost three pounds this week just by peeing from all of the water i've been drinking. I would also like to thank my friend, the banana, for always being there for me when I need a quick snack. You are an amazing food, my friend.



I went on a mini book buying spree on amazon. These should keep me busy while i'm waiting for my body to hurry up and stop being tired, already.