December 16, 2006

What is this all about?

The purpose of the blog is threefold:

  1. I have friends who want to read about my life, and don't care about my food.
  2. I have e-friends who want to see my food, but don't really care about my life.
  3. In 2007 I am going to be putting together my very own DIY cookbook to give to family and friends.

Not too long ago, I was struggling with my folder full of loose recipes, bitching about how much easier it would be if I just took them down to Kinkos and had them bound into a nice little book just for me. Then I realized that it would make a great gift for all of the people who don't live near me who I will never get to cook for. I made up a title, hell I even made up a mock cover in photoshop.

So here is my list of goals:

  • Keep the 'weird' ingredients down to a minimum. As much as it pains me, i'm going to use Walmart as my rule of thumb. Walmarts are everywhere, and they all have a small pathetic health food section where you can get tofu and soymilk.
  • 40 recipes. I made a list the other night and I only have 19 right now, but I figure I might as well aim high.
  • Bring joy and happiness to everyone I know through food.

I will be posting other food pictures here as well, the next few months is mostly going to be me writing out recipes and boring stuff like that.