January 29, 2007

Low fat goodness.

So on my first full week back on the WW program, I lost four pounds. Woo! Most of that was bloat, I know. But it's still a nice jumpstart. I'm surprised I lost that much because my period came and it demanded chocolate. But that comes later. First, from last week...



Carrot Raisin Oat Muffins. I used the VWaV recipe and twisted it for my own sick needs. Also, my muffin tins are about six hours north so I used my canoe pan instead. I made the mistake of using whole wheat flour that had been sitting in the freezer, giving it that bitter freezer taste, but other than that they were pretty good. They came out to two points per muffin, and since they're full of carrots, raisins and oats, it was hard to feel guilty while eating them.



Stir fry. I used cooking spray for the vegetables, but when I added the rice I put in about a teaspoon of sesame oil to give it some flavor. Then I added soy sauce and chili powder. And done. I think the veggie to rice ratio was about 4:1.



And lo, the mountains rumbled and the valleys flooded...and I made brownies. I bought a box of No Pudge brownies because I swore I had read about someone making them with soy yogurt, but the mix has egg whites. I bought them for the ease, but I ended up just making my own anyway. I made the banana pudding brownies from VWaV, but without the pudding part. I subbed the oil with applesauce and used half the sugar. And they were quite good. I ate the whole pan over the course of two days, but I made room in my food schedule for them so it wasn't so bad.



Sushi from the commissary, freshly made everyday. I thought the end piece was cute.



Yesterday my husband and I took a trip to Nashville, partly because he was leaving for two weeks today, and partly because I have had a pretty shitty week and couldn't take another day of watching Scrubs in my pjs. So we went to the Galleria, and then to Wild Oats so I could eat a whole meal that I didn't actually have to make. Hurray for the salad bar. The marinated tempeh and peppers were good, I wasn't crazy about the spinach saag (made with tofu) or the bean dish that's hidden underneath the saag. I also got a cup of roasted vegetable soup, which I took home and drank for dinner.