January 29, 2007

Vegan = low fat?

One of my friends left me a comment asking if tofutti sour cream had less fat/calories than dairy sour cream. Since I don't have a tub of sour cream, I checked the points calculator on Weight Watchers.

Tofutti and dairy sour cream seem to be neck and neck. A serving of tofutti is two points, low fat dairy sour cream is one, and some of the full fat dairy sour creams were three or four.

Overall when it comes to dairy substitutes, the difference in calories and fat is minor. However, non-dairy versions lack cholesterol which I would consider a major plus.

On another note, I was looking at some of my old food photos today and I am so glad I finally took the time to figure out my camera. Because I have some pretty bad photos. Sure, some of the ones I take now are in haste but at least they aren't all bad.